Dr. Andrew helps equestrians
Does this sound familiar?
- I want to be a peak performer on my horse, and I’m having issues with my riding.
- I got yanked and injured when my horse got spooked, and I’m still not right.
- I fell off my horse, and I haven’t been riding the same since.
- I can’t get my arm or hip to do what I want it to do.
- I hurt myself lifting hay, and my back and shoulder aren’t getting any better.
- I feel off my horse or my horse flipped over on top of me, and now everything’s out of whack.
Dr. Andrew explains: “The equestrian women I work with have a mental / emotional connection or bond with the animals. They know I understand that bond; I understand their sport and what they’re trying to achieve. The bond with the horse and rider is different than other athletic events (swimming, golf, biking): in most sports, there’s not an emotional connection with what makes you successful. As an equestrian, you can’t excel without the bond: if the communication between the horse and rider isn’t good, the horse won’t do as well. The rider has to be zen-like in body-mind-spirit so the horse and rider become one. The horse picks up on the rider’s stress. There is some kind of mental telepathy that must be in sync.
“Equestrians are professional athletes that can ride and compete their entire lives (into their 60s and 70s). Their intention is to have a mastery over their bodies, which needs to be fit, healthy, balanced; and they need to be mentally and emotionally in a good space. They can’t ride well if they’re stressed because the horse picks up on it and feels it. I help them with alignment in their body and soul so they can do what they love.”
Equestrians come in with the thing that they want to have fixed, and Dr. Andrew helps them fix it, usually within a visit or two. He also is masterful at helping them to locate and release other emotional stresses they may have been unaware of, or ignoring, so they can be better riders.
During the initial intake, Dr. Andrew will do a full exam to hear about your symptoms, looking for patterns and contributing factors to dis-ease in the body and determining which modalities will be most useful in treating you. All disease is treated physically, nutritionally, emotionally—your body will tell us what it needs—so that you can start feeling better, ideally within one or two visits.
Dr. Andrew also works with Farriers, who in particular have a lot of back and shoulder issues.
To schedule your appointment with Dr. Andrew, use our fast and easy online appointment scheduler.
Book an Appointment
First-time patients typically have questions about what to bring to the appointment, how long is the first appointment, etc.
- The first appointment is typically 60-75 minutes. We’ll book an hour.
- If you’ve recently had blood work, x-rays or notes from other doctors, please bring that with you.
- Please bring either a list of all supplements and prescriptions you’re taking, or you can bring the bottles with you.
- If you have a list of things you’d like to go over, please bring it with you (Dr. Andrew will do a complete intake with you regardless).
- Book your appointment with our scheduler, and Sherri, Dr Andrew’s office manager, will be in touch with you to confirm your appointment and make sure your questions are answered.